How to FILTER Rubicon 4 searches....HELP NEEDED

Currently Lajos has kindly helped me link TRichview Dual Editor project to a Unicode Database - SQLite3. However, the search results of the first instance of the selected TRIGGER word are not always desirable for context, due to many different meanings/entries.
A filter for SEARCH-WORD.CHAR.COUNT = rbWords.rbWord.CHAR.COUNT would narrow down to more useful results. If you get my drift…
eg
search where char.count( “intuition”) = (9) then search Dictionary.French.value:= “intuition”;
where rbWord.CHAR.COUNT = (9)
can this be coded into a FILTER with a radio button to turn this feature on/off ?

I notice two separate, related options here.

1. It could be worth searching based on the length of a word in characters. Maybe it matters that two words have the same length for some linguistics reason.

SQL can do this. SQL has a Length function. Reference: SQL Length

This is not the same as the Count in the Rubicon Words table, which has to do with how many titmes total the word is found in the text.

1. When doing a Rubicon search, one might want to further filter the result set based on ANYTHING. That can be done with the OnPreviewLocation event, the idea being that you can ‘preview’ each result before it goes into the final result set, and basically eliminate some results.

[quote=“ann, post:2, topic:97”]
When doing a Rubicon search, one might want to further filter the result set based on ANYTHING. That can be done with the OnPreviewLocation event, the idea being that you can ‘preview’ each result before it goes into the final result set, and basically eliminate some results.[/quote]
Is this a design -time or run-time feature ?
If you can edit searches in RUN-TIME like “bookmarked” from a listbox this would be great

This is a runtime feature.

As to bookmarking, do you mean having the application remember the search and the result set, or just the search?

I imagine you could do this by adding some kind of Most Recently Used “MRU” component to your application. ( This is not part of what Rubicon provides. )

Here is one place to get ideas and source for MRU
mrufiles

As to whether it’s wise to remember the search results, that depends on how often the data changes. You could cache the results if you really wanted to.

just the search to be stored somewhere like a bookmark

I think you’ll find that people call this “MRU” – most recently used, where the application stores N recent things of interest, whether those are files or projects or search expressions.